The basic premise of lead generation is very simple. You raise the interest of buyers and get names or contact information from people who may be interested in purchasing your product. You qualify the leads based on their desire to purchase your products, and you communicate with them to finalize the sale.
But the detail of lead generation is the part that poses the challenge. How do you get those leads in the first place? You may be the best salesperson in your industry but if you have no leads, you have no sales. Given that lead generation can be creative and come in different forms, we have put together our top collection of lead generation tips so you can make a difference to your sales, the easy way.
Best Ever Lead Generation Tips
1) Make sure your content is in the right place, for the right people, at the right time. There are many stages in a buyer’s journey and it helps when you understand how and when people are more receptive to receiving different types of content. Awareness improves lead generation and conversion.
2) Include a powerful call to action. Your content fails for lead generation purposes if the recipient is not clear what to do with it. Buy a product? Sign up for a newsletter? Include a call to action with every piece of content that clearly directs consumers to do what you want them to do. Without a call to action you are aiming in the dark.
Image via hywards/freedigitalphotos.net
3) Try paid campaigns and paid apps. If you feel that everything is there for free, you may be missing out on some of the other opportunities that could turn your lead generation campaign around. Free tools help, but sometimes you need to sign up with the best options for your needs, which may involve a small fee. Start small and don’t get tied into any long contracts so you can chop and change your strategy as needed.
How to Improve Your Lead Generation Marketing
4) Fully understand your potential customers, including the types of social community and the influencers within the community. In order to do this you can create a marketing persona, which will act to inform your marketing and lead generation campaigns.
5) Provide all the information your prospects need to make a decision about your product. Keep your information concise and informative so you don’t risk chasing people away with too much, but you do need to give everything they are looking for or they will look elsewhere.
6) Make sure that it is easy to buy from you. Use tailored landing pages and streamline the purchase process so you don’t risk losing any prospects along the way.
7) Make sure that your branding is consistent and keep people clear about who they are doing business with. This matters the more content you create so you can construct a reliable and trustworthy identity that helps people connect with your company.
Top Tips for Lead Generation
8) Keep testing your lead generation process and make sure you retest and adjust as you go along so that your marketing is dynamic and you never miss a chance to improve. Lead generation is a fast moving field and it pays to be continually checking that you are on the right track for success.
Image via Automotive Social/ Flickr
9) Find your super fans and your top followers and make them a part of your website or your brand. Put what they say on your testimonials page, or write a feature about their experience with your company. You cement the relationship and also expand your reach to draw in other interest.
10) Keep testing your landing pages to that you know what is working and what is failing in terms of amount of text, call to action, bullet points, images, etc. And also remember to test that the landing pages display equally well on different devices.
11) Think about your audience, and think like your audience. Eliminate waste, and make every message speak directly to your target audience. The whole world is bombarded with messages every day; you need to make sure you are hitting home.
12) Create content so good and so relevant to your market that readers want to share it with their friends. Shares bring new leads, and build your brand for the better.
What else should be on this list? What top tip would you add for effective lead generation?